The Senator representing Borno south senatorial district in the National Assembly, Ali Ndume, has kick starts his campaign for the Senate President of the 9th Senate despite not being the prefered candidate by his Party, All Progressive Congress(APC).
The highly outspoken senator has to this end been spotted sharing handbills with his 9 points agenda written on it.
His 9 points agenda:
- One of the points in the agenda was a promise to improve upon the performance of the 8th Senate
- He also stated that he will make the office of the Senate President less attractive by reducing unnecessary privileges attached to the office
- Also on his agenda is the independence of the legislature, operation of checks and balances and strict adherence to the principle of separation of powers.
- He added that he will prioritise and ensure the passage of the Constituency Development Bill, which will make constituency projects more transparent, accountable, efficient and effective.
- Ndume also stated that if elected, he would mobilise other senators to agree on a timeline for confirmation of nominees of Mr President, the passage of bills.
- He maintained that with him in the saddle, the national budget would be passed within 90 days from the day of submission to the National Assembly.
- He pledged to make laws that will block leakages in the system; devise improved means of generating revenue, amendment and review of tax laws, and emphasis on reduction of reliance on local and foreign loans to finance budget.
- Also, he said “To run the Ninth Senate transparency, through open accountability with full participation of all senators. For example, we will transfer the approving powers of the privileges of the senators like foreign travels, allowances to Senate Services Committee or a new committee to be known as Ways and Means Committee”, the document added.
- He concluded that the Senate under his leadership will uphold the governing party’s principles and policies, in addition to making laws and reviewing existing ones, to key into APC’s Next Level Agenda for the country.
The post Ali Ndume Defies Party(APC), Kick Starts Campaign As Senate President – See 9 Points Agenda He Released appeared first on INFORMATION NIGERIA.